Can't see following Jesus having any relevance to your life? Click on the image below to find out about the 5 FREE GIFTS you will receive if you follow Jesus.
5 Free Gifts Video
Why Bother? Video
Having trouble viewing? Try these links: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phybtMuxo9Y and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GuH_2UvJdo
There are many reasons for people not being Christians. Here are a few:
- Hasn’t science disproved that there is a God?
- If there is a God, how can He allow all the suffering in the world and still be called a loving God?
- Jesus the Son of God? How could we possibly know? It all happened 2000 years ago.
- Miracles? Frankly, irrational.
- How can God allow all the greed, repression and abuse perpetrated by organised religion through the years?
- What about all the religious wars in the past?
- What about all the terrorism and fundamentalism today?
- Jesus died for my sins? I’m no sinner. I’ve never murdered anyone. I haven’t committed adultery. I pay my taxes. I give to charity. I know what’s right and wrong. Why do I need to be saved by someone dying on a cross?
- How can Christianity be true if all the other religions say they’re the correct way to God?
- What possible relevance does Christianity have for my life? Do you really expect me to align myself with fundamentalist nutters, middle class hypocrites, the weak-minded, the hysterical, old ladies and children indoctrinated by their parents?
I’m sure some of these reasons have crossed your mind. I’m also sure you could add one or two of your own to the list.
These are hard questions to answer.
If I’m honest, they’re hard for Christians to answer too.
Now, consider this:
If Jesus isn’t the Son of God, you don’t need to bother trying to find answers to these questions.
If Jesus isn’t the Son of God, these questions are irrelevant. You can put them to one side, never think of them again and get on with living your earthly life.
If Jesus is the Son of God, then that puts a whole different complexion on things.
So, before you try to get to grips with Christianity and the hard questions, maybe the simplest thing to do is find out who Jesus is first.
“Jesus: The Evidence” might just be the way to start.